Re: List of supported printers

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:27:06PM -0600, Glenn wrote:
> Before RH9 arrives on my front stoop, I'd like to look at a list of
> supported printers for RH9.  I could find nothing on the Red Hat web
> site.

One of the good places to search is http://www.linuxprinting.org.  Once
you know which printers are supported by which drivers, then you could
go and search the Red Hat rpms for that driver to see if it exists.  You
could then go to the source for the definitive answer.

For example, as a test, I went to a redhat mirror and grabbed the
foomatic rpm.  A quick rpm file list shows a file named Canon-S300.xml.
There's no doubt in my mind that foomatic supports your printer.

> So, if anyone has an idea where I can find the info I need, I'd
> appreciate a straight answer or two, again.

Mine was the straight answer.

> On the other hand, a funny or wacko answer would not be unwelcome,
> either.

Go to http://www.google.com/linux and use "Canon S300" as your search
string.  Now go whack yourself on the head 17 times since the
linuxprinting.org reference is the VERY FIRST LINK!

$ while true ; do echo Google is my friend ; done

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx