Re: Clarification

Here is the configuration:

2 IDE drives on standard IDE channels on the mobo.
No hardware RAID involved.  I am using the default software RAID
tools that come with RedHat 9.  What I have done is install RH9 onto
a single IDE drive.  Then add a second device on the second IDE
channel.  I create a raiidtab file with /dev/hda and /dev/hdc as
devices belonging to the array /dev/md0. Then I run mkraid /dev/md0.
This creates the /dev/md0 array.

The RAID arrays are initialized by default (as far back as RH7) in
the rc.sysinit script with the usage of the raidstart command.  With
a defined raidtab file, raidstart automatically reinits the raidarray
at each boot.

Here is my fstab and my raidtab:  I'm not trying to get religious on
the issue, I just want some confirmation on whether this definition
is correct for an RH9 configuration.  Obviously someone thought it
was important to include the fstab checking in the sysinit for RH9.
I commented this code out on my RH9 box because I could not
understand what it was looking for and the code did not exist on my
RH7 box which seems to function with the this exact same
configuraion.

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
  1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
  1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts
gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
  0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults
  0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

raiddev /dev/md0
        raid-level      1
        nr-raid-disks   2