Clarification

Can someone clarify what the correct setup for RAID is these days?

There has been considerable debate on whether or not entries in the
fstab are required for proper function of RAID.  I tend to fall in
the camp that it doesn't since I've been running since RH7 without
any fstab entries.  It seems to me that you MAY need fstab entries if
your RAID volume is anything other that the root.  As I stated
before, my RH9 system is working in this manner also with exception
of this fstab checking code that I had to comment out of the RH9
rc.sysinit which has had this code added since RH7.

Just curious since my RAID woes thread basically went nowhere.

Tony Graham