Re: Cross Platform Scheduling App

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 06:49, Price Technology wrote:
> I need a cross platform scheduling app for personal use.  Wifey and I have a
> lot of doctor appointments and such for ourselves and our grandchildren.  It
> has to be "falling off a log" simple to use or I'll never get my wife to use
> it.  A moderately complex setup is OK, as long as day to day use is easy.

Horde/Kronolith:

http://www.horde.org/
http://www.horde.org/kronolith/
http://www.horde.org/kronolith/screenshots/

It's Web-based (so it's as cross-platform as it gets), it runs on
Apache/PHP. MySQL (or another SQL server) is required by some
components.
Horde is the name of the suite, it only provides the foundation for the
components.
Kronolith is the actual calendar manager.

There are some other components that might interest you, such as Mnemo
(the note manager).

http://www.horde.org/projects.php

I'm using the IMP component (the webmailer, a la "personal Hotmail") and
Turba (the contact manager; i'm not using it much directly, but through
IMP) on a RH 7.2 server which is online permanently, for my wife and for
myself, to access our personal e-mail when we're travelling.
I plan to start using more components in the future.

--
Florin Andrei

Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway.
	And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
Oracle: That vase.