Re: Cross Platform Scheduling App

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Price Technology wrote:

> I need a cross platform scheduling app for personal use.  Wifey and I have a
> lot of doctor appointments and such for ourselves and our grandchildren.  It
> has to be "falling off a log" simple to use or I'll never get my wife to use
> it.  A moderately complex setup is OK, as long as day to day use is easy.
>
> I'm running Shrike and her computer runs W2k.  Computers are networked, shares
> functioning, etc.  Database of appointments would probably be stored on her
> machine or mine.

You might check out Citadel/UX (http://www.citadel.org).

Primarily a BBS program, the author is attempting to position it as a
potential replacement for Exchange.  System requirements are a lot
lighter, and it will run on your Shrike box.  You can use the web
interface for accessing the calendaring, as well as using it for a mail
server, etc.

It works with IMAP and POP3 clients, as well as the ability to act as an
SMTP server.

The calendaring system includes the ability to invite attendees.

Setup usually requires compiling and installing, but it doesn't take
much...and I'd be more than happy to help you out with it if necessary.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe