Re: Why is OOo messing text display?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 09:09:55 at 09:09:55AM +0200, Klaasjan Brand (kjb@xxxxxx) wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 19:21, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> I've seen it before. Seems a bug in the openoffice text renderer.
> Scrolling the document a bit down and back makes it go away.

This time it didn't, that's why I posted. Only opening another program
over it, and then closing that other window made it go away.

> Openoffice
> uses its own toolkit, so no other apps should have the same problem.
> No idea if it's fixed in the 1.1 beta.

OK, we'll see. It (the "own toolkit" that is) confirms my own idea
that cross platform *applications*, with all the extra design/
maintenance effort implied, are definitely not the best way to go for
desktop integration/Free computing in general.

   Ciao,

	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

                                                       R. A. Heinlein