[OT?]Opteron and RH a Good *home* choice?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 21:11:56 at 09:11:56PM -1000, Warren Togami (warren@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> AMD isn't kidding when they claim to be the fastest 32bit servers on the
> market.  Think of it as Athlon on steroids, not very expensive, and with
> 64bit room to grow later with only a software upgrade.

What about power consumption and noise? Not depending by Red Hat, of
course, but really important for home use.

Opteron is not the way to go from this point of view, or is it?

	Ciao,
			Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

"Get real! This is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
something, we discuss its implications. If the discussion happens to
answer a question you've asked, that's incidental."
				 -- nobull in comp.lang.perl.misc