Re: Why is OOo messing text display?

M. Fioretti wrote:

Why is the text messed up in that way? It has been happening several
times today. Never mind what it says: I noticed the problem while
working on a private file, and just pasted in something I could send
online. For the record:

Basically the app is messing up re-drawing after an expose event. Forcing another expose over the offending area will generally fix it. I haven't seen it in action, but I think from what you say that if the app gets an expose event at around the same time that it is scrolling or painting text, it gets confused.

Basically, it's a bug in the app and you should be able to clean the screen up reliably by running xrefresh.