Re: Linux on a fat partition

On Saturday 07 June 2003 11:11, John Haxby wrote:

> I'm curious though why are shy of having two partitions.   My laptop
> (here) has WinXP on one partition and Linux on another (well, another
> three :-)  My home machine has two lots of Windows 2000 and Linux all on
> separate paritions.  My children's two PCs dual boot.   My mail server
> used to dual boot.   In fact, almost every PC I've ever had has dual
> booted with separate paritions for windows (everything from 95 onwards)
> and Linux and I've never yet had any problems with any of them.

Not shy at all, just not the way I wanted to do it.  Like I said, long story
and mostly a winders thing.

I probably wouldn't have the issues in house that I had with my laptop.  Being
dedicated to customer support I was always installing something under winders
that I'd rather not just because I had to support it for a paying customer.
In house I wouldn't have to do that, so winders wouldn't get so "windows -
ish" on me.

But if I'm going to partition, I'd just as soon leave two hard drives in the
machine.

>From the first part of your post, I'm left with the distinct impression that I
probably don't want to fool with installing on fat32.  My memory of what I
read is vague at best (comes with old age) and it's "old information" anyway.

Thanks for the response.

Joebewan