Re: [probably OT] how to switch between wired and wireless

On Friday, Jun 6, John Haxby wrote:

The third part is the hard part because it affects applications. I can
imaging some applications getting upset if a name that previously
resolved doesn't any more. Things like bind are going to have a harder
time since they bind to the IP address for each interface so that they
can correctly reply to requests (what do you mean, you don't run bind on
your laptop :-))

Actually, I think bind is an easy one. I'm assuming you're only using bind for resolution for the laptop and not for other machines. Simply tell bind to only bind to the loopback (127.0.0.1), and set that as your primary ns. Or would that cause problems for nslookups it didn't already know? I can't recall correctly, it's been a while since I've read Cricket...
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>