Re: [probably OT] how to switch between wired and wireless

John Haxby wrote:
Hmm. I wonder if nscd would help here -- it might be enough to just restart that when the network changes ... I've never really felt the need to use it, maybe I should.

I've had problems in the past because of nscd. I think they have been fixed in RHL9, but in the past, dialup/ppp would change resolv.conf correctly, but I'd have to restart nscd before the changes would appear.

telnet, ssh, and webrowsers all had problems resolving names unless I restarted nscd. So I have just stopped using nscd on systems with dialup connections.

-Thomas