Re: Help: lpd Won't Start

Aaron:

Thanks for the input...

Right now none of the printer services will start.  I don't know what to do
about 'cannot bind to lpd port 515'.  As far as I know all services related
to printing have been activated.  The original printer setup (one local
printer) was done using the graphical setup tool (cups, I thought).  Any
suggestions on how to diagnose and fix the fatal binding error?  Are there
any alternative print services that I can activate?

TIA,

Warren Clearfield
Implematix Computer
Pittsburgh, PA (USA)