Re: GeeXboX (linux multimedia)

On Thursday 05 June 2003 03:18, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> No picnic, but WAY COOL once it is working. The video capture quality
> of the PVR-250 is outstanding, and everything looks awesome on my TV
> (47" Panasonic HDTV; connected via s-video out on GeForce 4 Ti).
> Honestly, once everything is set up, the system is fairly idiot-proof,
> does everything you'd expect and does it well.

Very cool.  One of the tasks I'll be undertaking to make this a marketable
product, is to script the installation so that all the user has to do when
they get the unit is double click on an icon or run a script that will
download all the stuff, build it, install it, and place in the pre-made
config files.  This way my company won't be liable for installing
questionable software, like mp3 codecs and the like.

Anywho, my WinTV GO should be shipping soon, and I'll be embarking on my own
PVR journey.  Of course, the list will get a status report later.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: