OT: hardware question - monitor colour

This isn't a software related question, and not really related to linux,
but I'm hoping that someone on the list might be able to help me.
More specifically someone who either *builds* his own systems, or
who knows a lot about hardware.

My problem:
I recently moved my furniture around. Naturally, I disconnected my
periphals to move the machine around as well. Since then, when I
switch on the system, the boot messages are *YELLOW*
instead of *white*.

I've checked the connections to ensure that they are properly seated, and
that the cable is connection is *not* inverted ... I know the slight angle of
the connection should make this "impossible". but I KNOW it can happen.

Today, I've even opened the box, and given it its semi-annual cleaning.
In so doing, I removed a lot of lint and dust on the fans, etc. AGAIN, I
verified that every connection is solid, yet, I still have the colour problem.

This is a Viewsonic 17 monitor about >8 years old.
NOTE: I can run the _hardware_ control settings (the front buttons) and my
dialogs display normally with white text on the blue background...

So I am looking at the possibility of either a failing monitor *cable*, or a
failing video card... My AGP video card is a Jaton 3DForce B-32 plus.

At the moment, all the "whites" in my windows are a pale yellowish-green.
(Not pleasant to look at ... the Red Hat icon shows red, of course ... but the
blue desktop is a dark green...

TIA,

Elton  ("its not easy being yellowish-green")...  :-(