Re: OT: hardware question - monitor colour

Bent pins have been mentioned and that is the first place to look --
closely with a bright light.

Next you may want to unseat and re-seat the video card -- moving will
sometimes loosen the cards.

Third would be to swap a different video card in temporarily in case it
has failed.

The problem with moving things is that static may be generated that
trashes sensitive components, that could mean something on the video
card, in the monitor, or on the motherboard.

Oh, any chance the monitor cable was bent severely or something heavy
accidently set on it?  You could have a damaged wire inside the cable.

Sure hope solutions one or two work for you!

doc