Re: Tool to make sound files from audio tape

On Wednesday 02 July 2003 10:59 pm, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Which tools on shrike do I need to play audio taped on my stereo and
> record the sound into electronic data on my computer.

I use gramofile.  It records the sound data as a wav file and can
split the tracks.  Very useful when transferring tapes or records to
CD.  In the rare case where it goofs the split, the data file for the
track offsets is ascii and can be hand edited.  I am converting a lot
of my wife's tapes to CD's using it.

http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/