Re: mozilla question

Le 2003.04.30 02:14, Damien Covey a écrit?:
The 1.4a rpms from mozilla.org werent very good. I'm running a 1.4nightly rpm from there and all is good. 1.3 is fine and I'd say 1.3.1 will be too.

To get the java plugin to work you need to be using a plugin that is compiled with gcc3.2 as that is what mozilla is now built with. There are 2 places you can get this, that is www.blackdown.org who provide java1.4.1 built with gcc3.2 or the latest Sun java1.4.2beta which has a plugin that is built with gcc3.2. You need to sym-link this plugin to "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/". I'd recommend the Sun beta as the blackdown plugin was having troubles with the new threading libraries, at least for me.

Hope this helps.

Sun plugin didn't work with applets for me and last blackdown fcs (1.4.1-2) does.

-Damien

Gregory Gulik wrote:

Yes, it is shipped with a gtk2 build.

I had trouble upgrading to gtk2 version of Mozilla 1.4a from the contributed RPMs on Mozilla's website. There were several glitches, the most serious of which was that I couldn't get the Java plug-in to work at all. I tried everything I could think of.

I ended up reverting back to the version that came with it.

Nikos Charonitakis wrote:

is mozilla that  shiped with 9 a gtk2 build?
is it safe to download and upgrade via rpm a later
version than 1.2.1 without break anything?