Re: mozilla question

The 1.4a rpms from mozilla.org werent very good. I'm running a 1.4nightly rpm from there and all is good. 1.3 is fine and I'd say 1.3.1 will be too.

To get the java plugin to work you need to be using a plugin that is compiled with gcc3.2 as that is what mozilla is now built with. There are 2 places you can get this, that is www.blackdown.org who provide java1.4.1 built with gcc3.2 or the latest Sun java1.4.2beta which has a plugin that is built with gcc3.2. You need to sym-link this plugin to "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/". I'd recommend the Sun beta as the blackdown plugin was having troubles with the new threading libraries, at least for me.

Hope this helps.

-Damien

Gregory Gulik wrote:

Yes, it is shipped with a gtk2 build.

I had trouble upgrading to gtk2 version of Mozilla 1.4a from the contributed RPMs on Mozilla's website. There were several glitches, the most serious of which was that I couldn't get the Java plug-in to work at all. I tried everything I could think of.

I ended up reverting back to the version that came with it.

Nikos Charonitakis wrote:

is mozilla that shiped with 9 a gtk2 build?
is it safe to download and upgrade via rpm a later
version than 1.2.1 without break anything?