Re: how do I edit my XF86Config file while in runlevel 3?

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 00:13, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2003 16:02, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > I'm an emacs user, and I'm horribly scared to use vi. I understand what
> > the benefits of learning it are, but ... In the meantime a nice
> > lightweight editor suitable for the console is pico which is in RHL9.
> > I'd recommend it over vi any day for this kind of situation. (But pleae,
> > let's not do the "my editor is better than yours" flamewar again.)
>
> Well, suggesting software that is deprecated, and slated for removal in the
> near future isn't exactly the best advice (;

Oh. Good point. That is "the advantage" I spoke of regarding learning
vi. It isn't going anywhere. But what a shame pico is. We need an ultra
simple console text editor just like we need ultra simple gui text
editors like gedit. Like I said, I'm an emacs user but if I just want to
change one line in a config file at the console I really don't want to
be bothered firing it up. I'd rather start something tiny and simple.
(And oh boy I have I just given ammunition to the "Vi is better than
Emacs" crowd. Can we please not go there?)

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com