From: Elton Woo [mailto:elwoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 4:03 PM
To: shrike-list
Subject: how do I edit my XF86Config file while in runlevel 3?

I'm about to install the nVidia drivers on my system. However, I must
confess that I'm more of a GUI user than a "command-line guru". The
installation instructions require that I re-edit my /etc/X11/XF86 Config
file *before* booting into X. Could someone guide me on what/how to
do this? (Dummy-level instructions, please!)

I think my previous failures in installing the dirvers are related to my
editing the file *after* booting into the GUI desktop.

TIA

Elton ;-)