Re: Fwd: Nvidia GeForce4 card in a Dell laptop

I would like to quote Mike Harris:

"------- Additional Comment #2 From Mike A. Harris on 2002-12-22 15:37
-------

Please report this to mvojkovich@xxxxxxxxxx also.  While we have the source
code for the nv driver, we do not have the technical specifications for the
Nvidia hardware, and are very likely unable to fix this problem.  Nvidia
on the other hand, maintains the nv driver, has the specs, and the source,
and the knowhow of their hardware.  If they aren't aware of this problem
it probably wont get fixed, and we'll have to disable GeForce 2 Go support
for this release again.

Please report upstream so that direct 2 way communication between the
driver maintainer and yourself can help get the problem resolved."

This is from bug #80210 in Red Hat's bugzilla. Also you managed to
contradict yourself because since Nvidia doesn't release hardware specs
how could the nv driver be maintained by XFree86 developers unless they
also worked for Nvidia, which would mean that the nv driver is
maintained by Nvidia.

Elliot