Re: Fwd: Nvidia GeForce4 card in a Dell laptop

I'd like to point out that the nv driver that it packaged in XFree86 is
maintained by nvidia. There really isn't an 'official Nvidia' driver.
Its just that one is open source and the other is closed source due to
some pattent encumbered code. So yes there are featers that the open
source driver doesn't have, but for most applications it works just as
well.

Elliot