Re: Fwd: Nvidia GeForce4 card in a Dell laptop

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 16:09, Margaret_Doll wrote:
> I have added the ModeLines to XF86Config as per Elliot's instructions.
> System Settings -> Display says 1400x1050 and a million colors whether
> 	the display is taking up the complete screen or whether it is in its
> 	small form.
> We were using "Monitor Model" as the monitor type; we tried "generic
> 	laptop" as per Stephan's suggestions.
>
> I did not download any special drivers for the NVIDIA video card.  We
> relied on the drivers in RH 9.0.  There was no /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA*
> directories on this laptop.  I didn't see how the errata on
> http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4349/errata-1.0-
> 4349.txt
> pertained to this particular installation.  Though thanks, Shawn
>
> The system still comes up with a little display screen that one can
> enlarge
> by using "fn-f7".

Whoa. You're using the standard drivers then? I would sincerely suggest
at least trying the official Nvidia ones then. It certainly couldn't
hurt, they're easy to install and easy to remove. Just download them
from http://www.nvidia.com/

There are *several* options that are present in the Official NVidia
drivers that are not present in the standard ones that comes with
XFree86/RedHat.

3D Hardware Acceleration being a glaring one.

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/