OpenOffice + Xinerama = no aa fonts?

Just installed RH9 on my work system which has 2 vid.cards + xinerama
enabled. Everything looks just fine, but OpenOffice comes up without
anti-aliased fonts. Searched for this on google and found out OO
disables aa fonts when xinerama is enabled. I'm only left wondering
why...
It seems old XFree 4.x versions had problems with this combination, but
since everything runs fine in full aa-font glory it's a real let-down
that OO doesn't have them. The non-aa fonts look less readable to me.

--
Klaasjan Brand <kjb@xxxxxx>