Re: Problems with PS1 in .bashrc preventing KDE/Gnome from loading

Once upon a time, BOF <bof@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> That's correct. The .bashrc_profile and .bashrc file I use are below. If
> I run it with the PS1 line uncommented, I have the problem; if commented
> out, I don't.

You should probably quote that instead of using double backslashes; the
square brackets are also shell special characters, and I suppose if
interpreted at the wrong place could cause problems.  I don't think that
is your problem, but it shouldn't hurt.

Try:

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>