Re: Why do I have to rant about Red Hat SCREWING with XFree every upgrade?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:38:09PM -0400, Walter Francis wrote:

> Don't tell me Red Hat doesn't support source installed things, that's a
> bunch of crap because IT HAPPENS.  I KNOW they can't possibly work around
> situations, but praytell why are these dir/links *backwards* in the first
> damn place?  That's the root of the problem.
>
> I'll be looking for a bugzilla on this one, again..   Filed one last time too.

We put the xkb stuff in /usr/X11R6/lib/xkb because the bulk of it can
(and should) be shared between systems.  The same reason that you ran
into trouble is the reason it is hard to change that decision now.
That is, it's quite hard to replace a directory with a symlink via a
RPM upgrade.

Cheers,

Matt
msw@xxxxxxxxxx