Re: M. Harris: What's your take on the X fork?

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 19:08, Colburn wrote:

> Actually, there is no standard "netiquette" across all lists just as
> there is no standard Linux distro.  Freedom reigns.

	Actually there is.  Hit google.

> The fact is that bottom posting requires one to scroll down past often
> uncut reams of text with the hope of something worth reading at the
> bottom.

	Not deleting unneeded quoted lines (and keeping quotes nested 4 or 5
deep) is as bad as top posting.

> If there were to be any "netiquette" across the lists I care about it
> would make far more sense for it to be top posting.

	No, it would be best to only quote a few relevant lines of a message
and reply directly under it.  You will notice that is the technique that
I have used in this message and it's infinitely better than top posting.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.