Re: M. Harris: What's your take on the X fork?

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 09:08, Colburn wrote:
> Actually, there is no standard "netiquette" across all lists just as
> there is no standard Linux distro.  Freedom reigns.

Just because a practise is not common on some lists you are a subscriber
to, does not mean there is no "standard netiquette".

In my experience, the more technical the list (and the more
knowledgeable and experienced the subscribers), the more likely posters
are to follow standard netiquette, which is to quote only relevant
portions of a message and to reply to each directly below.

Please do so in future.

--
Michael Wardle <michael.wardle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Adacel Technologies