Re: M. Harris: What's your take on the X fork?

Actually, there is no standard "netiquette" across all lists just as
there is no standard Linux distro.  Freedom reigns.

The fact is that bottom posting requires one to scroll down past often
uncut reams of text with the hope of something worth reading at the
bottom.

On a list one actively monitors it is much quicker to glance at the new
text and to then determine if it is even necessary to scroll down at
all.  Much more efficient, especially for those of us who receive tons
of E-mails on tons of lists every day and don't have time to waste
scrolling down every post to see if anything useful is contained in the
new text.

If there were to be any "netiquette" across the lists I care about it
would make far more sense for it to be top posting.

IMHO, YMMV ... doc