Re: k3b

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 15:23, Ted Wager wrote:
Ted Wager wrote:

> Has anyone managed to run k3b in Shrike...I have the version from r/h 8
> but it seems to need libmad.so.0....Is this in any of the shrike
> packages..I have searched through them but cannot find a mention.

Thanks for all the replies......I will stick to XP for burning cd's...In
linux I burn from the command line but the cd,s I burn will not play on
any machine other than the computer neither will
they jump to a given track.....In xp I can get the album name track
titles and burn a pefect cd
but not in Linux...I am using Shrike but have also tried Debian
,Mandrake and Slackware
but cannot find anthing as good as XP......

--

Regards
  Ted Wager

./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install (then make clean if you wish to clean up the room)

The only problem is that it only gives you an entry in the menu for k3b setup (under Gnome anyway) but you could fix that with an icon on the desktop or the panel. Hope you give it a shot again one of these days, I know how it can be holding on to an operating systems for one little thing, it stinks.
Simon P Bassett
(717)938-2262
sbassett@xxxxxxxx