Re: k3b

 On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 15:23, Ted Wager wrote:
> > Ted Wager wrote:
> > > Has anyone managed to run k3b in Shrike...I have the version from r/h 8
> > > but it seems to need libmad.so.0....Is this in any of the shrike
> > > packages..I have searched through them but cannot find a mention.
> >
> > Thanks for all the replies......I will stick to XP for burning cd's...In
> > linux I burn from the command line but the cd,s I burn will not play on
> any machine other than the computer neither will
> they jump to a given track.....In xp I can get the album name track

Why? Why? Why? Most linux distros (like Red Hat) come with at least
a couple of CD burning applications, to name just a few: KOnCD, Gnome
Toaster, Groaster, X-CD Roast, K3b, etc., etc...

All the CD's that I have burnt in linux (Mandrake, Red Hat) play on my
CD player , and my bookshelf system (which, incidentally, cannot play
Mp3s just regular DVD's and audio CD's). These audio CD's also work
on any standard CD player (hi-fi system).

It takes some time and *effort* to learn how to use these applications,
but your efforts will be rewarded. I urge you not to give up so easily.
Also read the phoebe-list and shrike-list archives on CD burning.

*THIS* should also be of help to a newbie migrating from Windows to
Linux: Just Linux <http://www.justlinux.com/> (formerly known
as Linuxnewbie.org. You'll find "newbiezed" help files here!

If you want more detailed help you can find *tons* of documentation
here: The Linux Documentation Project
<http://www.tldp.org/docs.html>

HTH, cheers, and don't give up so easily!

Elton ;-)