Re: Red Hat EW Licensing

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 04:04:14PM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Rick Johnson wrote:
> > Will this thread ever die?
>
> Only when no one cares, and it's clear we haven't reached that point.

Part of the problem is that the Red Hat web pages aren't clear enough.
I've put the request in with a few suggestions on how they can clarify
things, and that request has been forwarded on.

This thread really covered 2 main points:
1.  What do you really get for each of the various packages.  In
particular, what is RHEN, how does it compare to RHN, and which of the
RHEL packages include full RHEN access for a full year (all of them!)

2.  RHEL ES/WS are priced too high.

We can kill number 1 in short order.  Number 2 is a long-term discussion
that we're not able to address on this list.  That's a Red Hat marketing
decision and any customer who has issues with the pricing can contact
Red Hat directly.  The marketroids don't hang out on shrike-list.  We
can bitch and moan all we want, but *nothing* can happen here since the
right people aren't listening.  You may as well go complain to your
next door neighbour!

As long as people complain about marketing on a technical list, this
thread won't die.  You may as well complain about technical issues on a
marketing list...

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx