Re: Red Hat EW Licensing

Ed Wilts wrote:
As I have mentioned already several times, EW is a workstation product.
Don't compare it to a high-end server option.  EW has NO server features
- no bind, no dhcpd, or similar server options.  ES has the server
features.

Do you have an actual package list? I cannot find one. Still linux by it's very nature has server features.

The RH WS option
is better compared to Solaris or other high end systems.
Wrong again. Solaris is a server OS.

I work on 2 workstations. One its an HP 9000/725, with HP-UX 10.20. This runs test control and development for a IC test system (HP83000). The other is waht the rest of the IC designers use. A Sun Ultra 10/5 running Solaris8. Therse are both definately WORKSTATIONS.

Then Of course you get to buy a compiler and other desktop oriented apps that RHEL-WS will have. Sure, you can download OO.org, gcc, GNOME, etc. but It's already there in Red Hat's products.

-Thomas