Re: Red Hat EW Licensing

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 14:18, Tom Ryan wrote:

> I can purchase WinXP (through our volume agreement) for much less than
> you. How could I ever justify anything but XP on the desktop? Especially
> in this cash-strapped state I work in?

	There's a small point that you and David are missing.  When comparing
Win2K or WinXP you need to look at the regular version of RH.  RH EW
should be compared to MS high end server options.  MS does not, as yet,
have a product to compete at the lever that AS is on.  The RH WS option
is better compared to Solaris or other high end systems.  Tell me how
WinXP is a better financial choice over the free RH Linux option?  And
as for updates, you can run current or yum on a system inside your
organization and now you get updates for free, too.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.