Re: Bugfix errata?

On 10 Apr 2003, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> > strategy. Marius suggests that I need to be looking in the Rawhide for
> > these sorts of things
> there you'll find new packages if the bug has been fixed at Red Hat,
> otherwise not.

Rawhide is not the answer. Binary compatibility will not be maintained as
long as before, so Rawhide packages may not even be compatible with the
latest Red Hat Linux release. A new gcc, a new glibc or whatever major
dependency can easily make Rawhide packages useless. Also, Rawhide by its
very nature can introduce just as many bugs as it fixes.

Chris