Re: Red Hat EW Licensing

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 09:51:58AM -0500, Thomas Dodd wrote:

> Ed Wilts wrote:
> > As I have mentioned already several times, EW is a workstation product.
> > Don't compare it to a high-end server option.  EW has NO server features
> > - no bind, no dhcpd, or similar server options.  ES has the server
> > features.
>
> Do you have an actual package list? I cannot find one.

I've asked for it to be posted.  I will tell you that I've seen an
informal list that was expanded from the 2 listed on their page.  I'm
hoping that Red Hat posts the list just like they have for RHL 9.  You
could check the SRPMS for the product - I haven't checked if those are
out there yet or not though.

> Still linux by it's very nature has server features.

Nope.  Linux is the kernel.  Every other package is added by the
distributor.  Which packages they include is the continuing battle for
customers and the distributor.  Red Hat (and others) decide whether or
not to include sendmail, postfix, apache, etc.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx