Re: cupsd config

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:40:07AM -0600, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> cupsd seems to be going wild (see below).
>
> I have been reading the conf files and documentations and am a little confused.
>
> I am connected to a epson c80 printer on the intranet. I do not want to manage
> the printer from the linux machine, just want to be able to use it to print
> jobs. IIRC, RH 8 did not exhibit the same activity.
>
> Question 1: It appears that changing the KeepAlive or KeepAliveTimeOut would
> change this action. If so, is that the best approach to take?
>
> Question 2: Is cups the optimal approach to take to print on a remote printer.
>
> Any advice from someone with more expertise than I would be appreciated.
>
> Mike.

My personal preference is let the rmote printer be managed as it
wants to. Currrently LPRng has a much simpiler interface to print to
a remote printer. But as caviat I have this many times with LPRng and
tried it only once in cups interface.

On the other hand if you do it with redhat-config-pronter it should
not make a difference.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University