Re: cupsd configuration

Tim Waugh wrote:
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:41:35PM -0500, Thomas Dodd wrote:

Does it actually work?

If I setup a print queue on a RHL9 box and mark it as shared to @LOCAL or @IF(eth0), how do I get another box to detect/use that queue other than the normal printer confuration for a remote queue?

It should "just work".  I think in this instance you are running into
bug #88303 if it isn't working though; a work-around, if the situation
is appropriate, would be to share it to 'All hosts'.

What makes having it set that way is better than the normal setup
for a remote queue?

That you need do nothing at the client.

So I boot the client and type lpstat and it should list the print queue form the other machine?

Is that only "local" printers on the server or can it be remote printers on the server? We have sereral printer configured on Solaris. should I be able to configure them on one "RHL9 print server" using cups and share them, and all the other machines using CUPS "see" them with no further configuration?

-Thomas