Re: Network install

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wednesday 09 April 2003 10:31, Thomas Dodd wrote:

It's 3.5M (while the full CD1 is 638M) so it will fit on the small, card
sized CDs. It's also easier to modify and rebuild that all of CD1,but
faster than floppies. Sounds good for kickstart, since most NICs today
are not bootable, and PXE is not real common (none of the 20 machines I
use support it. The new file server might though)

unlucky for you. we require that our hardware be PXE boot capable. Mostly that involves just putting in a Intel network card, but since most our systemboards have intel chips built in, PXE is happening all over the place.

Well, Since I use AMD CPUs I don't get intels integrated NICs.
I don't buy Intel add in cards either. Bay Netwoks (NetGear), Linksys, or 3Com. But none have been bootable yet. Simple 10/100 cards, $25 range.

It's a very slick system.

I agree. Perhaps it's soon be more readily available.

-Thomas