up2date/rpm freezes?

Hey,

I have rh9 installed on a few test machines and so far everything's been
going good.  But this morning I ran 'up2date -l' on one of my test
machines and it didn't do anything after a few minutes.  I thought maybe
the redhat service was down so I tried it on another machine but that
worked fine.

So I ctrl-c'ed it and did an 'rpm -qa' to see if the rpm database was
screwed up, but that worked okay.  Doing a 'ps aux | grep up2date'
showed that the up2date process was still running so I tried to 'kill
-15 <pid>' but that didn't work so I had to kill -9 it.  Then I
proceeded to remove those /var/lib/rpm/__db.00* files and run rpm
--rebuilddb like redhat 8 and this is what I got when I tried to rebuild
the rpm database:

[root@xxxxxxx rpm]# rpm --rebuilddb
error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove: Device or resource busy

and up2date still doesn't produce any output.  Any help would be great.

later,
ajay
Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma
ssharma@xxxxxxx