Installer Crash on X Configuration

Hi all,

I was installing RHL9 and got to the screen where one selects the default display depth and resolution, and the installer crashed when I click the "next" (or whatever it's labeled) button. Gray screen, white rectangles where the widgets should be, mouse pointer doesn't move, etc. I was unable to ctrl-alt-Fn over to a terminal window, so I rebooted. The system booted fine, but I didn't have a working X configuration or any user accounts, so I rebooted to disc 1 hoping that it would pick up where it left off. If offered to "upgrade" the existing RHL9 installation, so I selected this. This checked the installed packages (and didn't install any additional ones) and wrote a new GRUB image out to the MBR, but I still didn't have an opportunity to configure XFree86. I rebooted and ran rechat-config-xfree86 and set up X, added a user account, and changed the default runlevel in /etc/inittab.

My question: what else should I check that may not have been completed when the installer crashed?

I'm not sure why this happened. I have an old system (P2-300) with an NVidia TNT, but I didn't have any problems configuring X with RHL 6.1-7.3.

BTW, hats off to the artists who tweaked Bluecurve. The changes are subtle, but subtle is good. I especially like the cursor theme, having been quite alarmed by the ghastly XFree86 theme that was in the first Phoebe beta.

TedC