Re: : Again on: How to check *CDROM* correctness?

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 11:49:47 at 11:49:47AM -0400, Jeremy Portzer (jeremyp@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 11:12, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 14:20:41 at 02:20:41PM -0700, rhl+dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (rhl+dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > >
> > > A good way to find the size of an ISO 9660 volume:
> > >     isosize -x shrike-i386-disc1.iso
> >
> > Thanks for providing the iso sizes, and for this useful general info.
> > However, I started the whole thread exactly because I have no
> > bandwidth to download the images. I was trying to find a way to look
> > at the byte sizes given by an ftp client *without* downloading
> > anything, and to go from them to the numbers that you provided. Is
> > that possible?
> >
> > 	thanks again for your time,
>
> Have you not tried "ls -l" in an FTP client?
>
> Not rocket science here.

Of course I did. The question came from the fact that those number,
didided by 2048, did not gave integer result, and the closest
approximations didn't lead me to a matching checksum. The reason is
probably that one should subtract some padding as explained recently
on this list, but how should one know? That's why I asked.

	Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right
                                           Salvor Hardin , "Foundation"