Re: : Again on: How to check *CDROM* correctness?

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 23:36:32 at 11:36:32PM +1000, djh (djh@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Use a real ftp client to get the iso filesize, not a web browser.
>
> $ dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 count=326656 | md5sum -
How would you get 326656 figure above from the byte count given by a
real ftp client? And, since we are at this, what are the counts for
disc 2 and 3?

         Thank you in advance for your time and patience :-)

		Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Excuse me for being greedy, but I want freedom and good government.
Both a flourishing economy and a well-cared-for earth. A society that
is diverse and communal.. that offers both privacy and accountability.
One that can afford a big conscience, along with lots of neat toys.
                             -- David Brin -- The Transparent Society