Re: Strange colored "halo" around text with ATI Radeon 7500

Keith> I'v been running RH8 on my laptop without problems since it came out
Keith> with an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 32MB.

Keith> However, graphically rendered text in every application appears with
Keith> a faint red, yellow, or blue shadow or halo around it.  This happens
Keith> in mozilla, menus, etc., but NOT in a standard xterm where the text
Keith> appears normal.

Take a look at your font preferences and play with the font rendering
options.  You might also look at the Details box, as you can dink with the
subpixel ordering, which might change the nature of your halos... :-)

                                    Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/