Re: Strange colored "halo" around text with ATI Radeon 7500

Mike A. Harris wrote:
However, graphically rendered text in every application appears with a faint red, yellow, or blue shadow or halo around it. This happens in mozilla, menus, etc., but NOT in a standard xterm where the text appears normal.

It's not a video card related issue. You have got subpixel font smoothing enabled. Turn it off.

I turned off subpixel rendering and it improved, but it has not completely gone away. It seems to be worse in KDE than in GNOME. I normally run Icewm and it is not so bad, but it still seems weird to me. BTW, java programs do not seem to show this effect at all.

Maybe I'll come back to this later.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe