Re: Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

> 	Good lord, where have you been?  This list is so tame it's not funny.
> I've seen (and been in) lists that make the referenced comments look
> like loving, caring help.  The problem is that many people here (and
> elsewhere) have a low tolerance for stupidity.  If someone came to you
> and complained that they couldn't push open a door that had the word
> "Pull" written on it I doubt you'd be bitching at someone who told them
> they were to stupid to be aloud in the building?  On second thought, you
> probably would.
>
> --
> Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
> years.
> 		Fred Rodgers - 1928-2003
     Oh, believe me I know. But those are the lists that are populated
by the entries of 16 year old kids, w/limited social skills. The way I
figure, people are stupid. You know it, they know it, we all know it. I,
personally can be a raging idiot. But this is a forum for people to get
help and share ideas/solutions, generally. There are different levels of
competency in ANY field, IT especially so.I had my first experience
w/Linux through a gui, and have only gradually, with much research and
help from people on lists like this one, become familiar with bash
commands. Because of some UI aspects of linux becoming more and more
windows-like, this is going to happen more and more. Make allowances!
We've ALL written posts with obvious answers, the're just not obvious to
us at the time.  But I firmly believe, and real life has reinforced this
time and time again, that other people's ignorance is never an exuse for
being an arrogant ass. Flame wars are as childish as playground
name-calling, and have no place on lists like these.
    SZorry for the lengthy, but this whole subject is beginning to bug
me. By the way, Dig your Mr. Rogers memorial signature. Neighbors, we
have witnessed the end of an error. Let's not revert to savagery, hmmmm?

--
Jim Wilferling <wolf67@xxxxxxxxxxx>