Re: Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 17:44, Jim Wilferling wrote:

> > I am amused that you claim to have actually have run through
> > $25 of media, AND the time to burn _defective_ images.
> >
> > Was teaching the class on XP more embarrassing than being a
> > clueless troll ?
> >
> > > If cdrecord is the problem, I sure hope someone fixes this soon...
> >
> > No, the issue is much deeper than that.
> >
>   The amount of elitism and general snottiness on this list is
> mindblowing. People come here for help, not attitude. Is it any way to
> treat someone who is actually advocating Linux to a whole class of
> students?

	Good lord, where have you been?  This list is so tame it's not funny.
I've seen (and been in) lists that make the referenced comments look
like loving, caring help.  The problem is that many people here (and
elsewhere) have a low tolerance for stupidity.  If someone came to you
and complained that they couldn't push open a door that had the word
"Pull" written on it I doubt you'd be bitching at someone who told them
they were to stupid to be aloud in the building?  On second thought, you
probably would.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.