Re: Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

On 6 Apr 2003, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> re-install, I burned the first set of CDs on my laptop (Win XP / Nero
> Express) as well.

Windows burning tool; hmmm ...

> Since this was for my class, putting the ISOs on disk isn't an option. I
> performed the CD media tests in Shrike to test the CDs. All fail. I

... of defective images

> things said to get in the way. None of it works.

... and you are surprised ?  Did you expect the magic
Microsoft ISO fairy to mend the images for you as it burned
them ?

> This has cost me about $25 in wasted CD-ROMs so far. On top of that,
> it's embarrassing to teach a Linux class and have to use Win XP because

I am amused that you claim to have actually have run through
$25 of media, AND the time to burn _defective_ images.

Was teaching the class on XP more embarrassing than being a
clueless troll ?

> If cdrecord is the problem, I sure hope someone fixes this soon...

No, the issue is much deeper than that.

-- Russ Herrold