Re: Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

I blew through an entire stack of CDs I burned for a Linux class I'm
teaching. I already 9 installed on my system. Because I was doing atotal
re-install, I burned the first set of CDs on my laptop (Win XP / Nero
Express) as well.

Since this was for my class, putting the ISOs on disk isn't an option. I
performed the CD media tests in Shrike to test the CDs. All fail. I
decided to try installing anyway - all installs failed with bad media
errors. I have attempted to burn disks with GNOME Toaster and XCDRoast.
Both show no errors in the process. I have used Disk-At-Once,
Track-At-Once, padding, no padding, etc. I have disabled and removed
things said to get in the way. None of it works.

This has cost me about $25 in wasted CD-ROMs so far. On top of that,
it's embarrassing to teach a Linux class and have to use Win XP because
something you're supposed to be teaching doesn't work.

If cdrecord is the problem, I sure hope someone fixes this soon...

Chris Williams

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,