Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

I'm now 100% frustrated with attempts to burn CDs on Shrike. I have
followed several posts here and tried most everything I have seen to no
avail.

I get no errors in the burning process, regardless of the speed of the
burn (8X to 52X). Burning Shrike ISOs produces CDs that consistently
fail media tests and do not work in install.

My system is self-built: An ASUS P4S8X motherboard running a 2.53GHz P4
with 1GB RAM. My CD-RW is a Memorex 52X/24X/52X EIDE drive. I also have
a Sony DVD-ROM drive. These to units share an IDE channel where the Sony
is set to "master" and the Memorex is "slave". Video is an NVidia
GeForce 4Ti 4200 with NVidia's drivers installed. I have Shrike
installed with all of the latest from up2date.

Does ANYONE have a definitive answer to this problem and how to fix it?
Is something in Bugzilla I have missed? Will there be an official patch
to cdrtools or whatever else is the source of this?

I'm having to resort to using Nero Express running on Windows XP on my
laptop so I can burn Shrike CDs. That's absolutely shameful.

Very frustrated,

Chris Williams

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,